Are you passionate about helping youth and adults build their resilience and strength? Come work at La Cheim! We have job openings all over the East Bay in our five programs including a community mental health center in Oakland, non-public schools in Concord and El Sobrante, a residential treatment center in Richmond, and therapeutic behavioral services throughout Alameda and Contra Costa Counties. Our uniqueness lies in the caliber and compassion of our colleagues; teachers, art therapists, counselors, psychiatrists, psychologists, RNs, Licensed Social Workers, MFTs, and mentors. Join our exceptional team!
As an Equal Opportunity employer, we are committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
To apply for any of La Cheim's open positions, please download and complete our Employment Application Form:
You can fax the completed form plus your resume to HR at (510) 222-6014 or email the documents to email@example.com.
Currently Open Positions:
• House Manager/Program Administrator for Adolescent Group Home -- Richmond / Point / Annex, CA
• Licensed Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physicians Assistant (PA) -- Oakland, CA
• TBS Specialist/Clinician (PT Position / B.A. or Internship/Practicum) -- El Sobrante, CA
• On-Call Counselors (Adolescent Residential Treatment) -- Richmond / Point / Annex, CA
• Full-Time Special Ed Credentialed Teachers -- Antioch & El Sobrante, CA
Grow Professionally While Nurturing Your Community
Mental Health Associates/Interns (PhD/PsyD/AMFT/APCC) for Adult Day Treatment PHP/IOP
La Cheim Behavioral Health Services' PHP/IOP is seeking a post-graduate intern pursuing licensure as an Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) or Psychologist (PsyD/PhD). This is a 3-4 day (24-29 hour) per week position and provides individual and group supervision.
The work consists of providing individual, group, and milieu therapy to a population of adult clients who are coping with what is often severe and persistent mental illness, some of whom have a history of drug and alcohol issues. Many clients are accustomed to being stigmatized and blamed for their troubles, making it essential that they experience recovery in a non-pathologizing and respectful community environment.
Interns learn about the latest evidence-based modalities while deepening their expertise and compassion in a supportive and collaborative atmosphere. Learn more.
House Manager/Program Administrator for Adolescent Group Home
Richmond / Point / Annex, CA
We are seeking a qualified, creative supervisor to serve as our House Manager/Program Administrator who shares our passion to provide the very best care and services to our severely disturbed clients in our six-bed residential treatment program. The Group Home Program Manager will be responsible for the following:
Compensation: $50-$55k depending on experience
Employment type: full-time
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Staff hiring, scheduling, training and supervision
Program supervision and development, creating an effective and professional treatment team to supervise the six clients 24 hours per day.
Develop a treatment team capable of running a safe and effective group home and an effective therapeutic milieu program which meets each client's treatment needs, treatment plan goals, including treatment schedule and curriculum, therapeutic outings, etc. which is supportive of each client's strengths;
House Manager ensures that the group home consistently meets all Community Care Licensing standards.
House Manager ensure that facility has proper amounts of food, linens, bedding and other necessary supplies and that nutritious meals are planned and prepared.
Fiscal oversight in managing payroll records, staff scheduling, managing weekly petty cash and funds for special activities or group home needs, excellent financial documentation skills.
Actively support a program in which conflicts are discussed and resolved by both students and staff.
House Manager ensures effective written and verbal communication by team members.
Monitor staff involvement in Mental Health Treatment Program.
House Manager assist us in the transition from a Level 14 group home to a Short Term Residential Treatment Program as mandated by the state.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, & EXPERIENCE
The candidate must have experience in a children’s residential treatment program or group home and additionally must meet one of the four requirements below:
Master's Degree in Behavioral Science from an accredited college plus two years' experience as a social worker in a children's or residential facility. OR:
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college plus a minimum of three years supervisory or administrative experience in a licensed group home. OR:
A minimum of two years of college in an accredited college or university plus at least five years supervisory or administrative experience in a licensed group home. OR:
Qualified and or Certified Group Home Administrator prior to 1/1/2017.
Physically able to climb stairs.
Please only qualified applicants apply!
Licensed Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physicians Assistant (PA)
With expertise in mental health, including assessment, diagnosis & medication management to provide quality, patient-centered care at a thriving PHP/IOP in downtown Oakland, CA.
Daytime hours, M-F, 8-20 hours/week (one to three days/week).
• Ability to work independently and in a team
• Comfort working with adults with diagnoses of severe mental illness
• Commitment to timely, thorough documentation
• Finesse in collaborating with outpatient psychiatric providers
• Emphasis on compassionate, client-centered care
Full-Time Residential Treatment Center (RTC) Program Director for Group Home
We are seeking a Program Director for our Residential Treatment Center, a Community Care Licensing (CCL) Certified Rate Classification Level 14 treatment facility for adolescent males and is transitioning into a Short Term Residential Therapeutic Program (STRTP). The Residential program provides services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Program Director is responsible for all aspects of the operation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure that delivery of services for all clinical treatment, care and services are consistent with agency’s policies, practices and procedures, and in accordance with all applicable regulations and established policies, programming, and budget;
• Recruit, employ, supervise and provide for training of staff;
• Design, implement and evaluate an effective treatment program;
• Fiscal responsibilities, including preparing budge and monitoring revenue and expenditures;
• Act as liaison between the La Cheim Program and other community agencies resources;
• Ensure a safe, productive environment for clients in placement at La Cheim RTC;
• Ensure communication between the Residential Treatment Program and the Day Treatment Programs; and
• Other duties as assigned by the CEO and dictated by Community Care Licensing.
• Must have a LSCW, MFT, LPCC License and able to provide BBS certified supervision
• Five Years Residential Treatment Experience (adolescent facility a plus)
• Five years Administrative/Supervisory Experience
• A Valid California Driver’s License, and own a dependable and insurable personal vehicle
• TB, Medical and Criminal Record Clearances
• Effective communication and team work skills
• Requires ability to climb stairs (both in and outdoors)
• Depends on qualifications.
• Includes excellent benefits.
Full Job Description:
TBS Specialist/Clinician (PT Position / B.A. or Internship/Practicum)
El Sobrante, CA
La Cheim Therapeutic Behavioral Services (TBS) offers an opportunity to make a significant difference in young lives, while earning Board of Behavioral Sciences hours toward MFT licensure practicum experience within a supportive work environment. We provide quality supervision and training, which include presentations by experts in the field. We are approved practicum sites for Holy Names University, JFK University, and University of Phoenix.
Summary of Position: La Cheim TBS is an effective program that provides one-on-one counseling for emotionally-disturbed children and adolescents at risk of losing their current living situation with a parent/caregiver due to behavioral problems. We facilitate behavioral change through creative use of cognitive-behavioral interventions, social learning model, Nurtured Heart Approach with the collaboration of the client, parent/caregiver, and a multi-disciplinary team of professionals. We provide service throughout Contra Costa County within the client's home, school, group home, and/or in the community as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in counseling psychology, social work, or a related field.
• MFT interns and practicum students are strongly encouraged to apply. Supervision for BBS hours are available.
• 1 yr experience working with children or youth in a mental health setting.
• Experience with client assessment, treatment planning, and case management.
• Knowledge of cognitive-behavioral interventions.
• Bi-Lingual (Spanish) preferred.
• Possess the ability to work with children that have serious unmanageable behavior.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
• Able to work independently and collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Flexible schedule to work evenings and some weekend hours, if necessary.
• Prepare all required progress notes and reports in a timely manner.
• Reliable transportation with insurance and a good driving record.
• Participation in group supervision.
Compensation: $14-$16 per hour depending on qualifications.
On-Call Counselors (Adolescent Residential Treatment)
Richmond / Point / Annex, CA
La Cheim has an immediate need for Full Time and Part-Time Counselors. If you are compassionate, creative, and like helping adolescents then this is the job for you. La Cheim has a six bed group home in the East Bay Hills (Richmond) with severely emotionally disturbed adolescent males. We offer full time and part time flexible schedules with afternoon, evening, weekend shifts, and overnight shifts available. Our challenging yet rewarding positions offer you the potential for personal growth and development while making an impact and helping the community. Duties include supervision of clients, planning and supervising recreational outings, and therapeutic activities, teaching relationship skills, and helping clients develop independent living skills.
Job Requirements: Ability to work as part of a team, ability to effectively and creatively relate to severely disturbed adolescents, ability to set limits, ability to climb approximately 3 flights of stairs into group home, ability to actively interact with the youth. We also require a valid driver's license and clean driving record, fingerprint & TB clearance, good writing and communication skills. College degree and experience working with adolescents or in a group home preferred.
Salary: Depending on Experience and if you have a degree in a relevant field. Great opportunity for training and preparation for graduate school. Flexible schedule and hours and could be a plus for any applicant because we can often times work around your schedule. Excellent benefits for full time employees.
Challenging and fulfilling position with great opportunity for personal growth and excellent experience for the graduate school student in the social services field.
Full-Time Special Ed Credentialed Teachers
Antioch & El Sobrante, CA
La Cheim School needs full-time exceptional Special Ed Credentialed Teachers at our Antioch and El Sobrante School Sites. We will consider (at both sites) Interns that are enrolled in a Special Ed Credentialing Program or qualify as an intern.
We are a non-public school providing specialized academic services and integrated therapeutic support to students who benefit from our small campus setting and high staff to student ratio. We are committed to creating a safe, warm, structured environment that supports students in their efforts to grow, change and learn.
• Direct instruction with students;
• Plan, prepare, and deliver differentiated curriculum based on content standards and grade-level expectations;
• Implementing and maintaining behavior management program using appropriate positive behavioral techniques that complement treatment for the students;
• Completes reports cards within time frame requirements;
• Provide daily lesson plans;
• Work with the classroom team to development of the individual education plan (IEP) for each student to ensure that students records and materials are in an audit ready status;
• Participate in collateral meetings and development of students individual transition plans;
• Attends staff meetings and other duties as assigned; and
• Maintain a high standard of professional behavior at all times.
• California Education Specialist Credential, Mild/Moderate or;
• Enrolled in an intern program eligible for the credential;
• Valid California driver's license and insurance; and
• Must clear TB testing and fingerprint requirements.
La Cheim School provides competitive salaries, benefits including medical, vision, and dental insurance, employee contribution towards a 403b Retirement Plan available and generous vacation and sick leave package with opportunities for Professional Development!
Compensation: $52,000 with a $2,000 Signing Bonus Payable 1 yr after Start Date With a 2 Year Commitment (Credential Salary)